by Darius Kazemi, October 1 2019
The technical content
MITRE plans to publish a guide to using ARPANET that's similar to the one that MIT published in RFC-254. The guide will be published online and available to network users. It will be tailored to users at MITRE but they expect the information to be of interest to everyone.
The RFC includes an outline of topics to be covered, including a list of sites and then for each site information like:
- a list of software a user can access
- what times the site is online
- account information, specifically who at MITRE is allowed to use a particular remote computer and how to get access if you need it
- how to find documentation for software
- testimonials and reviews of the software (bugs you should know about, that sort of thing)
How to follow this blog
I'm Darius Kazemi. I'm an independent technologist and artist. I do a lot of work on the decentralized web with ActivityPub, including a Node.js reference implementation, an RSS-to-ActivityPub converter, and a fork of Mastodon, called Hometown. You can support my work via my Patreon.