by Darius Kazemi, March 28 2019
A network graphics meeting
The technical content
There's going to be a “network graphics meeting” held at Project MAC in April 1971 and they'd like to figure out the format of the meeting. The idea for the meeting is:
- it will be two full days
- every participating organization should have at least an oral presentation prepared on work they've been doing
- most of the two days will be presentations followed by Q&A
- the last 3 hours of the second day will be allotted to other discussion
Appropriate content for the oral presentations will be:
- detailed description of graphical computing facilities (existing or planned) that will be connected to the network
- a detailed functional description of a purely theoretical graphical computing facility
- network graphic protocol proposals
- insight from personal experiences in network graphics (this would be for non-packet-switched networks; such network graphics did exist in 1971 and experience with these systems would probably provide valuable lessons)
They are going to use the February Network Working Group meeting in Illinois to plan this April meeting further.
How to follow this blog
You can subscribe to this blog's RSS feed or if you're on a federated ActivityPub social network like Mastodon or Pleroma you can search for the user “@email@example.com” and follow it there.