Breakpoint Failed to Bind – Visual Studio 2017
Today I ran into an issue where I was trying to debug an application and I was getting a “Breakpoint failed to bind” error on Visual Studio 2017. I was trying to attach to the process when I got the error. I was already running in Administrator mode, so it wasn't a permissions issue.
Turns out I had the solution configuration set to “Release” right from the start. The fix then was to set the solution configuration to “Debug” and then rebuild the solution. After that, I was able to attach to the process with no errors whatsoever.
Discuss... or leave a comment below.