Garlic Dill Pickles Recipe
- 8 lbs pickling cucumbers (discard 1/16” slice from blossom end of each cucumber). This will make about 9 jars of pickles, though this may of course vary.
- 32 cups water
- 1.25 cup pickling salt
- 6 cups white pickling vinegar.
- 0.25 cup sugar
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons pickling spice (I just use Club House brand)
- About 9 heads of fresh dill (1 per pint jar)
- About 45 cloves of garlic (5 per pint jar)
- Wash cucumbers, cut off blossom end.
- Dissolve ¾ cup pickling salt in 32 cups gallons of water.
- Soak the cucumbers in the water overnight (for 12 hours).
- Drain cucumbers
- Make the brine by combining 6 cups vinegar, ½ cup salt, ¼ cup sugar, 8 cups water, 2 tbsp pickling spice (in a cheesecloth bag) and bringing to a boil.
- Fill jars with 1 head dill, 5 cloves garlic, and as many cucumbers as will fit.
- Pour brine into jars and seal.