Crock Pot Barbecue Chicken Dinner
One pot, and you can throw everything in early and just let it fill the house with yummy smells if you’re pressed for time.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 3-7 hours
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs
- 1-2C barbecue sauce
- 1 15oz can cream corn
- 1 C frozen sweet corn
- 2C frozen roasted sweet potatoes
- [optional] Small can Hatch Green Chiles,
- 1 batch Corn Muffins with Chicos batter
- 1 C water
- salt and pepper
- Cut chicken into bit sized pieces and throw into the crock pot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with corn, cream corn, sweet potatoes, optional chiles, and bbq sauce.
- Pour 1C water over everything.
- If making this in one shot, pour in the muffin batter over the top of everything.
- Turn crock pot on “high” and cook for a cuppa-tree (2-3) hours, or “low” for approximately 6 hours.
- Spoon muffin batter over top of boiling liquid, making dumplings, if you didn’t put the batter in earlier. Continue to cook on low for another hour or so.
- Serve and enjoy!