What's the purpose of this?
Hello there! Maybe you know me, maybe you don't, TBH I don't care that much. Since I started doing journaling I realized I gained a huge skill which is writing down my feelings, thoughts, and emotions in the paper. Which is amazing!
But those things, besides being personal, sometimes I feel that I would like to share them with friends, family, or maybe with anonymous people. I think there is something special when you share a piece of work with someone because it forces you to take it outside your head and give it a sort of shape for others.
That process of re-construction is incredible for the human mind. And IMO the best thing is that everyone can do it, you don't need to have a degree or to be smart (I don't believe in smart or dumb people, but that's what the society call them) to write down your thoughts.
This is not the first time ...
The thing is, this it's not my first attempt to open myself out there, I shared them inside social media. Because you know, it's like where you have your “friends” and they love and everything (this is going to be inside another post for sure).
I consider my self a regular user of social media. Luckily I'm not addicted like the rest of the society (or that it's what I believe, it's like an alcoholic who says that doesn't drink as much as his colleagues 😂). But yeah, I do use social media every day.
I don't if this is my feeling, but every social platform has a goal to achieve, and maybe that's why there are a lot of them. To support my idea I have this example:
- Twitter: short posts and I hate that. Why on the earth I have to limit myself to 140 characters?
- Instagram: just pictures and flat comments.
- Facebook: it's supposed to be the super social media because it has all the features in one platform. But nobody uses it nowadays, so what's the point?
- Whatsapp: is that a social platform or chat application? Well, it has the status feature...
I'm sure there must be way more examples, but those are the ones I use the most and I consider to posts this kind of thing. I don't this kind of content will be suitable for LinkedIn 😅
Given the list from above, I started sharing on Facebook, and more or less it worked. I think Facebook has some kind of algorithm to highlight an important message of more than 100 words compares to a simple picture of you eating in a hamburger place or drinking beer in a bar. I'm glad that it works like that!
The deal with this is those posts were way more important for more than the regular pictures I frequently posted on the platform. Up to a point that I would love to have a filter feature to hide the “random” stuff from the important. IN the end, I was posting my thoughts, people read it for a day or two (depending on if they enter Facebook close to that date) and then get forgotten.
Trying something new
So I realized that social media posting does not for this purpose. Therefore, I was looking for some kind of platform that allows me to write in a pretty simple way, without any hassle and of course without paying any extra money.
And I found this platform called write.as which just works. Like it's quite simple to start (I love the fact that the starting page is an empty text input), free and in case I feel the need to make some post anonymous I can (I will not do it).
So yeah, this is how I will share my “mambos” (very slung way of calling thoughts in my country). Some questions that I feel coming soon after publishing this:
- “Are you ok Ema, do you want to talk?” Yes, I'm fine, I fell much better when I free myself writing. We can talk any time you want buddy :)
- “Why are you writing in Spanish if you are from South America? (vende Patria)” So yeah, my native language is Spanish and my English has a lot of grammar mistakes but it's exactly for that reason that I want to write in English: to improve it. For example, one year ago I wasn't able even to fully express myself in English and now I'm here writing about my internal thoughts!
- “Man, you are quite opinionated with what are you saying, I really don't agree with you...” Yeah, that might happen, bro. Something that Twitter taught me is that the Internet is free of saying whatever you like or feel like, and I think that it's amazing. I prefer to be open and totally honest and not please the rest of the people just to have more likes/claps/hearts/[whatever you want to give to people to show appreaciation].
How is it going to work?
Well, I really don't want to force myself to write every week about what's going on in my life, this is not a blog at all. So yeah I will post when I feel the need to sit down for about 30 minutes of freewriting about anything that it's going along my head.
I consider myself a perfectionist person (I'm trying to get out of it, but it's quite hard), but these posts are not going to be perfect at all. As I said, I'm writing as I normally don't do. Never erasing sentences. Always going forward. It feels amazing.
Most probably I will share these thoughts inside my social media because the goal of writing here is to have people reading this... But now I have a centralized thoughts place to go back when I want to revisit my past self 🤔
So yeah I think that's all, thanks for reading and in case you want to talk with me, just reach me out. I check my email daily.