S20 RESET Meeting 6: The Politics of Vision
Wednesday, February 19, 2:00 PM, DCC 236
- Last meeting:
- Bridging the gap between humanities and STEM, opening up communication and understanding.
- Challenging ingrained biases in STEM departments and fields.
- Reasons for lopsided demographics in STEM fields and ways of mitigating it.
- Solidarity and unionization as the most effective tools for bringing about change.
- This meeting:
- The Politics of Vision: How computer vision can shape what we see and how we see it. Lecture by Audrey Beard, Computer Science Ph.D. student.
- Q&A and group discussion to follow.
- PLEASE NOTE THE ROOM CHANGE TO DCC 236