S20 RESET Meeting 7: Nowhere to Hide
Wednesday, February 26, 2:00 PM, Fischbach Seminar Room (Folsom Library 2nd-floor)
- Last meeting:
- Technology as an inherently conservative entity that preserves the status quo and the power of those that can control it.
- The deep roots STEM and STEM departments have in the military-industrial complex and the inability to find research not connected in any way to the military.
- Dialogue between students and professors about ethics in STEM and also a broader focus that should be in all classes not just one class to think about it.
- Billionaires cannot and will not save the world
- This meeting:
- Nowhere to Hide: Preserving privacy while under constant surveillance. Lecture by Rylan O'Connell, RESET member and undergraduate Computer Science student.
- Q&A and group discussion to follow.