How it all Began
In January 2015 I learned of the new pension freedoms that were coming into force in April that year. I asked the provider of my defined benefit pension if I could have a flexible drawdown, rather than the annuity. They said no and told me I had to leave the scheme to get access to the pension freedoms.
I looked for an adviser to assist me leave the scheme. I knew nothing of the complexities of pensions or pension scams or “regulated advisers” – like most people I was simply guilty of ignorance – and I unwittingly showed up on the radar of unregulated advisers who lied and deceived me, then took my money and invested it in unsuitable offshore funds.
Some blood-sucking, two-bit lawyers, have made feeble assertions my arguments are “specious” and “unfounded” and assert I am on a “ridiculous personal vendetta”. Well they can think what they like, their opinions are irrelevant. I have irrefutable evidence, in writing, to support what I say and the blood-sucking lawyers produce didly-squat to counter my allegations. They simply bleat pathetic whinges their client's reputations are damaged or their client has done no wrong – blah blah blah! A lot of testosterone fuelled sabre rattling! Get over yourselves. The only thing that counts is hard evidence – I have a shed load and they have none!
Look, if your clients engage in nefarious activities, don't be surprised when someone stands up and calls them out! Your clients are the architects of their own “damaged” reputations. If you wish to assert otherwise then produce the evidence! Simples!
Below is a diagram of all the actors that played a part in my pension transfer, each taking either commissions or annual fees from my pension and began to bleed it in the hope I would never notice.
Key actors in all this are:
- Phillip Nunn – Director of Blackmore Global, Aspinal Chase and Pensions & Life UK Ltd
- Patrick McCreesh – Director of Blackmore Global, Aspinal Chase and Pensions & Life UK Ltd
- Luke Averill whose LinkedIn profile claims has been a Director of Blackmore Group since 2013 but I also have emails from him in 2015 claiming to be Sales Director at Aspinal Chase
- Jack Sheridan whose LinkedIn profile says he is senior consultant at Blackmore since 2014 (although Jack is not a key participant; at the time he was simply a gofer to Luke. A peon despite the grand title).
- David Vilka – Director of Aktiva Wealth Management and Square Mile International Financial
- John Ferguson – Director of Square Mile International Financial from Nov 2014 until Nov 2017. Owner of Lillywhite International since 2011. In Ferguson's own words, Lillywhite International “acts as the hub”.
- ICML – Integrated Capabilities Malta Ltd. The trustee, licensed in Malta.
- OPAL – Optimus Pension Administration Ltd., registered in the Isle of Man. They provided back office services to ICML. basically, they did all the paperwork for the administration of the Scheme, titled Optimus Retirement Benefit Scheme No.1
- ITA – Investors Trust Assurance a Cayman Island Life Assurance Company. They provided the Insurance wrapper for the investments.
I will discuss each component in separate articles.
[NB: right click and view image for a bigger picture]