Vaults & Vagabonds Character Creation Part 1.5
In my previous post about ability scores in Vaults & Vagabonds i laid out some details around what they mean and how they should be determined. I omitted the complete and necessary steps to create a character in my game, because I figured I could do it later. However, for the sake of organization I decided to outline the steps I have in my head before I go any further in the describing the character creation in detail.
3d6six times and assign to the abilities in order.
- Choose a character class.
- Roll hit points using your class' HD. Reroll 1's at 1st level.
- If your class is a spellcaster choose beginning spell(s) from a list provided by the referee.
- Copy to-hit-numbers and saving throws from your class.
- Choose alignment.
- Roll for money or starting equipment pack. Update your character's Armor Class (AC) if necessary.
- Roll for one unique mundane item.
- Choose (or roll if you want) gender.
- Give your character a name.
And that's it. For now. I don't believe more will be necessary, but it might change. The steps need not be done in this order. It just made the most sense to me right now.