5 Reasons Why Your Home Needs Tile Flooring
At some point, every renovation or home designing gets you to one simple question, what to do with the flooring? Whether to go for marbles or wood or to cover it up with carpet or use tiles instead. When all these are compared, the one that looks the best from all perspectives is tile flooring. One of the most common features as to why tile flooring is on the rise includes its easy availability, wide variety, and economical nature. It’s just not these features; there are several advantages to installing this flooring;
- Durability Tiles are marvellously resilient to water absorption, not just this, due to their non-porous nature they are mostly resilient to stains by water and household chemicals as well. This makes it non-vulnerable to such chemicals and wear and tear over time. This in turn keeps their long life intact and makes them an economical option. Although due to light materials, they could break easily while installation or in extreme circumstances.
- Low Maintenance and Easy Installation Floorings like marbles and wood take a lot of time and precision and due to their expensive nature their installation is also a hard task, apart from the risk of damaging them or breaking the material, there are also post-installation procedures that could include grinding and polishing. Tile flooring is as easy an option as it gets, it doesn’t need any grinding or polishing post-installation and even if damaged at installation, the specific piece can be exchanged easily and with minimal extra cost. Apart from the installation the cleaning and maintenance in the further years are also minimal; they can be cleaned easily with simple mops and are very durable. Although, they do require need for sealant, every 4-5 years post-installation.
- Water Resistance Ceramic tiles, the most common of all tiles, have a special glazed protective layer on their surface which makes them resilient to water damage and stain penetration. Apart from this, almost all tiles are formed with clay and sand materials which make for a very non-porous surface making the tile surface invulnerable and tile flooring a viable option. Further, once the sealant is applied in maintenance every 4-5 years, it ensures the filling of gaps and avoids water seepage completely.
- Choices of Design Tiles are commonly available at almost every place and they come in a variety of choices. Tile flooring aims to cater to all the looks and designs one might have in their mind concerning their flooring. To name a few designs, tiles come in natural looks, which entail stone and wood-like tiles, they come in marble look which gives the look of marble with all the benefits of tile flooring and they come in a wide array of colours and hues for all the possible desires one might have for their house’s look. Check out the Orientbell website for one of the best collections of tiles available in the market. The wide range available gives you an ample amount of options to choose from. The detailed filter available on the website helps you reach your perfect tile in no time and makes the process of finalizing a tile easier and hassle-free. While you’re on the Orientbell website, do check out the recently released tile ranges like the Forever series, Inspire 3.0, Sparkle, Granite, Rhino, Estilo, Eleganz, etc. All your requirements will be dealt with when you visit the website, be it a glossy requirement or a classy matte look.
- Insulation One of the very important benefits of tile flooring is that it acts as an insulator to passing current, since tiles are made of all the natural materials; clay, sand, glass, etc, they are quite eco friendly as well and keep the flooring cool in the hot breezes of summer. Although they might not keep the feet as warm in winters, necessarily. Tile flooring also entails a few other benefits which include increasing the resale value of the property, once tile flooring is installed to the property, it keeps them going for a longer period since the floors are more durable and such flooring increases the sale value of the property tremendously once it’s on the market. Further preparation procedures of the tiles include them getting fired in furnaces so that they do not pertain to any volatile organic compounds which could usually cause several health problems.
Author Bio: Isha Tandon has worked within the architecture and interior design industry as a flooring consultant expert – specializing in tiles, stones, and terrazzo. She has worked with Orientbell Limited, a leading tile manufacturer in India, as a product development manager in the design team and has recently joined the marketing team as their digital content expert. Her experience comes in handy in understanding the audience as she creates value-driven functional & informational content for the readers. She creates lifestyle pieces that focus on interior design products, trends, and processes. She loves to travel to historic places with rich architecture.