Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup
Cook time: 8 hours. Start this around 8am. You’ll need to fiddle with it about lunchtime and 2pm, too. It’ll be ready about 4pm.
Serves: 8-12. Or a family with 3 growing boys.
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- 6 ribs celery, chopped
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp basil
- 4-6 C chicken stock
- ¾ bag frozen carrots
- 1 or 2 potatoes, diced
- ½ bag frozen roasted sweet potatoes
- 1 C coconut milk
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced dried chives
- 1/3 bag frozen peas
- 1/3 bag frozen corn
- Place celery, onion, chicken, half of the carrots, and 4C chicken stock into a 4.5 qt crock pot
- Set crock pot on high and forget about it for 4 hours
- Using two forks, shred chicken meat and skin and remove and discard bones and cartilage. You will miss at least one piece of cartilage. That shows the soup is home-made.
- Add potato and balance of frozen carrots
- Turn to low and let cook for 2 hours
- Add frozen vegetables and enough chicken stock (about 2 C) to fill the crock pot, and let cook on low for 2 hours.
- Serve and eat