Movin’ Out Pork Chops
Made these after all our stuff was packed for our move to Santa Fe. All you need is a knife & cutting board, a cast iron skillet, and one tin of spice. And the recipe cleaned up the food we had left in the fridge.
- 2 pork chops
- 1 Honeycrisp Apple
- 12 seedless grapes
- ½ tbsp Chinese five spice
- ½ tsp flour
- Core apple, and chop it up. Leave the skin on if you’re lazy.
- Chop the grapes into halves or quarters.
- Simmer apples and grapes with a little water until they go mushy. About 15 minutes. You’re making a quick applesauce.
- Add the Chinese five spice and continue to simmer until you have a nice sauce. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl (or ziploc bag)
- Use the (warm) sauce to marinate the pork chops for about 15 minutes.
- Put the sauce and chops into the skillet and cook about 7 minutes per side on low heat. Add a little water if the sauce looks to be drying up.
- Remove the chops from the sauce and plate. Make a pan gravy using a little water and flour.
Pairs nicely with grits if you have them. Also takes about the same total amount of time to cook as quick grits.