Now our Classic Editor supports photo uploads directly in the editor itself! To upload a photo, simply click the file picker at the bottom of the editor, or drag a photo on to it. All photos are saved to your personal Snap.as account, where you can edit and manage them later.
Version 1.0.5 of our WriteFreely iOS app is available now! This update includes just a few small bug fixes.
Whether you’re a new or long-time iOS app user, we’d love to hear your feedback on it, whether on the forum or in an App Store review!
We recently squashed a few bugs that were plaguing us for a while. Now you’ll notice:
- Rich-embedded tweets are centered nicely (thanks for the report, jason!)
- You can easily load older anonymous posts and now move them to your blogs
- It’s much easier to access the edit, delete, pin, etc. actions for posts on touchscreen devices
- The CSS and JS editors allow you to select, copy, and paste text on touchscreen devices
- Your post’s chosen language won’t get reset after editing it anymore
Besides our previously mentioned issue following blogs from Mastodon, we had some additional configuration-related issues with federation on Write.as. That’s fixed, so now you should be able to follow your blog from the fediverse again!
We’ve started putting all of our current help resources into one place: our new Help page! Check it out, whether you’re just getting started or looking to do more advanced things with Write.as.
We’ve just released an update to our Classic editor for Pro users! Now, you can compose and easily format your posts with no Markdown knowledge needed.
Now you can see who subscribes to your blog, either via email or the fediverse! From your Blogs page, just navigate to the Subscribers section.
Want to move your Hugo-powered site to Write.as? Now it's quick and easy with our Hugo Importer tool! Besides working with all #WriteFreely servers, it'll even import all of your photos to Snap.as 📸
For a while, #fediverse users weren't able to follow blogs from Mastodon if their instance's “Authorized Fetch” feature was enabled. We just fixed that, so now you shouldn't have any trouble following blogs!
We just made a few updates to Post Signatures:
- Signatures are automatically excluded from pinned posts
- You can manually exclude the signature in a post by including this special code anywhere in your post:
- This add-on, plus eBook Exports, is now included in our Write.as Team plan at no additional cost